|Birthday:||September 13, 1995|
|Hometown:||Lymington, Hampshire, England, UK|
|Birthplace:||Lymington, Hampshire, England, UK|
|Education:||England's Stagecoach Theatre School|
|Family & Friends|
|Family:|| Ivan Kay (father)|
Stephanie Kay (mother)
Camilla and Fiona (older sisters)
|Character:||Peter Pan / Henry Mills / Pied Piper|
|First appearance:||The Heart of the Truest Believer|
Robert Andrew "Robbie" Kay is an English actor whose credits include Fugitive Pieces, Heroes Reborn, Pinocchio, Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides and Peter Pan in the Once Upon a Time television series.
View the Robbie Kay Gallery.
Kay's family moved to the Czech Republic, where he saw a note for English-speaking children to be extras in a film on a school noticeboard. Despite a lack of previous acting experience, this led to him getting a speaking part in The Illusionist, but his scenes were eventually cut from the film.
After small roles in Hannibal Rising and My Boy Jack, the Canadian production company making Fugitive Pieces asked him to play the part of Young Jakob which involved a 9-week shooting schedule, three of which were on Greek islands.
The people who made Fugitive Pieces had auditioned more than 150 boys before finding 10-year-old Robbie who had been living in Prague for two years. He spent a year studying acting, singing and dancing at one of Britain's Stagecoach theatre schools. Kay appeared in a miniseries adaptation of Pinocchio, playing the title character. After finishing Pinocchio, he went on to play Sam, a boy diagnosed with leukemia in Ways To Live Forever screening in late 2010. He appeared in Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides, playing the Cabin Boy. More recently, he portrayed Peter Pan in Once Upon a Time.
In March 2015, Kay was cast as a high school student named Tommy Clark in the TV series Heroes Reborn.
Kay's work has been generally well received by the critics. Alicia Cox of Chatelaine wrote on his work in Fugitive Pieces: "Robbie Kay, who plays the young Jakob, gives a remarkable performance with little words and a lot of emotion. When he smiles (which isn't often) you can't help but be affected."
|2007||Hannibal Rising||Kolnas's Son (as Robert Kay)|
|2007||Fugitive Pieces||Jakob Beer (child)|
|2007||My Boy Jack||TV Movie||Arthur Relph|
|2008||Bathory: Countess of Blood||Pals (voice, uncredited)|
|2010||Made in Dagenham||Graham O'Grady|
|2010||Ways to Live Forever||Sam MacQueen|
|2011||Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides||Movie||Cabin Boy|
|2015||Flight World War II||Corporal Nigel Sheffield|
|2015 - 2016||Heroes Reborn||TV Mini-Series||Tommy Clark|
|2016||Flight 1942||Video||Nigel (as Robbie A. Kay)|
|2013 - 2016||Once Upon a Time||TV Series||Peter Pan / Henry Mills / Pied Piper|
|2016||Cold Moon||Ben Redfield|
|2017||Grey's Anatomy||TV Series||Christopher Daniels|
|2017||Sleepy Hollow||TV Series||Logan MacDonald|
|2017||No Postage Necessary (post-production)||Stanley|
|2017||Locating Silver Lake (post-production)||Mack|
- Robbie's first film was The Illusionist with Edward Norton. He played a 6-year-old boy but the scenes did not make the final cut. Robbie also played the younger version of Ralph Fiennes "Harry" in In Bruges. His scenes did not make it into the movie but can be seen in the deleted scenes section of the DVD.
- Was living in Prague for two years when he was cast as Young Jakob in 'Fugitive Pieces.'.
- Studied acting, singing and dancing for a year at England's Stagecoach Theatre School.
- Houston, Texas : Living, working and attending school [November 2011]
- Wasn't a fan of Once Upon a Time before he got cast as the role of Peter Pan.
- Has a deathly fear of heights and roller-coasters.
- Has a bloodshot eye as a result from a stick going into his eye when he was 5 years old. It burst a blood vessel, but hasn't affected his eyesight.
This article is a stub. You can help the Once Upon a Time Wiki By expanding it! Thanks!